Monday, September 12, 2011

Alaskan Sheet Cake

This had to be my favorite cake of all time. I am a HUGE vanilla fan and wheen I saw his on my friend, Kim's MySpace years ago...  that was the end f it. I even made this for my wedding cake.


2 sticks butter
1 cup water
2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla ( i scrape one whole vanilla bean)
FROSTING
1 stick butter
1 pound powdered sugar
2+ tablespoons evaporated milk
walnuts or pecans, chopped
For cake, bring 2 sticks butter and water to a boil. Combine flour, sugar and salt; add to butter mixture. Beat together eggs, buttermilk, soda and vanilla. Add to batter. Pour batter into greased 13×9 jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Frost as soon as cake comes out of the oven.
For frosting, melt remaining stick of butter. While still hot, stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add enough evaporated milk to make a mixture of spreading consistency. Beat well and add chopped nuts.

No comments:

Recent Comments

Recent Posts