Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wellwood Orchards, first trip of the year

I have been waiting, and waiting to head to Vermont to the orchards to get my first taste of the locally grown, succulent, always perfect apples. Every year we at least go twice and pick a bushel each time and i am telling you, they go fast in our family. I bake with them, make chutneys, applesauce, use in stuffing ( dressing), you name it! The kids actually eat them more when they know that they are local and not "store bought."
 No recipes today, just some pictures of our trip and i hope you all enjoy!


First signs of autumn. Awesome!
 



 

                                                                   Jackalope? HAHA
 Afterwards, we made a trip to Chili's Restaurant and it was just so good NOT to have to cook or make piles of dirty dishes.
That is all for now, but my favorite season is here, so i am sure there will be an abundance of posts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way that the colors reflect off the wayer and Ry what a cutie thats my favorite picture of him :) This is Penny

Desserts In My Kitchen said...

I just love fall! The apple is beautiful! I am so excited about heading back to the orhard in Tennessee. Just beautiful territory up your way. :)

My Italian Smörgåsbord said...

wow, look at that apple! thank you for sharing I would love to see that part of US. Ryan lloks so serious :)

Pierre BOYER said...

Nice walk...
Greetings from France,

Pierre

Recent Comments

Recent Posts