Saturday, May 12, 2012

Zuppa Toscana ( Tuscan Soup)

Ok, so my friend Cindy Knight -Shrader introduced me to this a few days ago. After Googling it I found it absolutely necessary to make a pot.
 I guess it comes from Olive Garden, but since we haven't been there in quite some time, I had no clue of how it should taste. If theirs is anything like this, I will be making a trip there VERY soon.
Thanks Cindy, for the inspiration!





  • lb Italian sausage (  I used hot)







  • large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices







  • large onion, chopped







  • 1/4 cup bacon lardons ( crumbled cooked bacon)







  • garlic cloves, minced







  • cups kale or cups swiss chard, chopped ( I used spinach with lovely results)







  • 2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth 







  • quart water







  • cup heavy whipping cream










  • Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.






  • Brown sausage in your soup pot.



  • Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.



  • Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in pot.



  • Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.



  • Add sausage and bacon.



  • Salt and pepper to taste.



  • Simmer for another 10 minutes.



  • Turn to low heat.



  • Add kale and cream.



  • Heat through and serve.





  • *recipe courtesy of Food.com

    5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Kim, your soup look good and sound good. I like soups that are filling with a lot of goodies as yours. I would love to hear the comparison of what you think of of the Olive Garden soup compare to yours once you have time to go there.

    Kim said...

    Why thank you :) I would love to be able to compare, hopefully soon. Thanks for visiting!

    TaGa_Luto said...

    i think i'm going to make this at work but will do some tweaking to suit my residents :)

    My Italian Smörgåsbord said...

    easy and delicious! that's my type of soup!
    sausages, bacon and cream?? oh my... this is definitely my type of thing :)
    love that shot

    Veronica Miller said...

    This is a favorite! Cindy shared her recipe with me a couple years ago and I fell in love. I had the soup at Olive Garden since then, and it's very close! I so need to make it again.

    Recent Comments

    Recent Posts