Monday, September 12, 2011

Ultimate Caramel Chocolate Popcorn

>I remember being 8 months pregnant at The Vermont Country Store in Weston Vermont, and they had a sample of this delightful snack on the counter. I think i ate the whole thing. I went home and decided to make my own for my family and i to enjoy.



1 cup butter ( 2 sticks)
2 cups packed brown sugar, light or dark is fine
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 container mixed nuts, the more the better
3-4 oz dark chocolate
3-4 oz milk chocolate
3-4 oz white chocolate
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Stir well. Mix in nuts. Pour over 8 quarts popped corn. Stir to coat well. Bake in large roaster or 2 lipped sheetpans for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to dry.

No comments:

Recent Comments

Recent Posts