Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Salted Caramel Bacon Chocolate Popcorn

The only regret with this recipe is not making another pound of bacon to throw in. I know I defiantly am scaring away some people with this pot, but I am telling you, bacon and chocolate are a match made in paradise. The sweet caramel and the semi-sweet chocolate combined with the salty bacon and a tad of sea salt. I GUARANTEE you can't eat just a little.


 First I popped popcorn. I did mine on the stove but microwave popcorn will do just fine. I did enough for a large pan so you might want 2-3 bags of microwave...
Place in large bowl, enough for mixing when the caramel is melted.
Melt in saucepan~
2 stick butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup ( light)
1 teaspoon baking soda.
1 1/2 lbs cooked , crumbled crispy bacon
1 package chocolate chips. I used 60 percent cocoa.
Sea salt
Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Take off heat and add 1 teaspoon baking soda. Stir into large bowl of cooked popcorn, and mix thoroughly. Add bacon, and mix a bit more.
Melt chocolate chips in microwave for about 2 minutes, checking and stirring at one minute.  Lay popcorn out on a flat surface ( preferably 2 sheet pans) and drizzle chocolate. Place in fridge or on cool windowsill. ( But be careful of neighbors and little hands)

No comments:

Recent Comments

Recent Posts